The Rothgeb Memorial Grant was established by Anne Peschek in 1987 as part of the 30th Anniversary celebration of the founding of The Vienna Community Church. The Grant recognises outstanding musical contributions that support VCC’s long standing reputation for the high quality of its music program, and enables a study project for the selected VCC musicians. To-date, thirty five musicians have received this award, including Martin Horn, a former VCC organist, and Prentiss Dunn, VCC’s current Choir Master. Although our music budget is very limited, we have had a long list of outstanding musicians who have contributed their time and talents to our church. This grant is one way of showing gratitude for those who have brought beauty to the VCC worship services. Anne will present this year’s 2015 Memorial Grant to Tomasz Piḝtak, our organist, at our upcoming Sunday service on 7 June 2015.
Graduated from the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw in organ in 2005, and in singing in 2006
- Received a scholarship from the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Poland for postgraduate Vocal studies at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna
- St. Anna University Church, Warsaw, Poland – organist and music director from 2005- 2009
- Warsaw Chamber Opera,soloist from 2006-2009
- Neue Oper Wien, soloist, “Woyzeck 2.0 – Dream Trap”, “Biedermann and the Arsonists” in 2012 & 2013
- Won 2nd place at the First International Song Contest in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Winner of the 5th Otto Edelmann Society Audience Award, sponsored by the Josefstadt District in 2011